Feb 27, 2010

Poutini's House of Poutine — Toronto, ON

poutinis houses

Ate at Poutini's House of Poutine with some homies the other day. Ordered the Teeny Weeny Tiny Poutini, $5.62 flat! Loved that vegetarian gravy was even an option. It tasted exactly like a traditional meat-based gravy, though massively sodium-y. I know, I know... gravy is supposed to be salty. Needless to say, I drank so much water during the meal that I could feel it jiggling within me afterward. Hate that feeling. PS. Jiggly Room.

My favourite thing about poutines is the fries that jut out of the bowl. Y'know, the ones that are 1/2 crispy, and 1/2 submerged in gravy? Well, this poutine barely had any "jutter-outers." I was unable to enjoy that beautiful contrast of crispy & mushy fries all in the same bite. Don't get me wrong, the cheese curds in this poutine were squeaky as hell, but I would've loved them even more if they were a tad more tender to the bite, more "mellow," if you will. PPS. Why the Copperplate Gothic typeface, Poutini's? WHY?!?!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment