Oct 6, 2010

O&B Canteen — Gâteau Basque

gateau1
Look at me! My name is Gâteau Basque and I think I'm so damn kool because I taste so damn good. Hmph!
gateau2
I'm custard-y, creamy, the girls all love me annnnnnd I'm made from real vanilla bean pods so THERE!


Arggghh!!!!! Had my very first Gâteau Basque today and I. Am. Officially. In. LOVE. According to Marievee, this is O&B Canteen's signature pastry. It's so sick, she orders it every day! And it's so underrated, it's not even listed on the Grab + Go menuboard inside the restaurant! Creamy vanilla custard (that ain't too sweet) ensconced inside a cake-like tart-shaped thinggamabob. And some kinda flaky top that's lightly dusted with icing sugar. You just gotta try it to understand, maaaaaaaaaaan. So what the hell are you waitin' fooooooorrr?



...Cousin Liza didn't wait! Neither should you!!! Watch Liza's initial reactions below. [Oct. 10, 2010]



Gyahahahaha. Told you. Wish I could film ERRYone's reactions when tryin' this pastry for the 1st time.

6 comments:

  1. omg...i'm craving this!

    p.s. tell me we're going to sukhothai before you leave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, go get 'errrr! Pricey at $4.50 a pop but it's sooo worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, it looks like it's worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY So glad you guys finally got to try it!!! What did Sherif think?

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHAHAHAHA BIG UPS FAM!
    I LOVE YOUS! - leez

    ReplyDelete
  6. AHAHAHAHA BIG UPS FAM! is RIGHT!
    FAM 4 LIFE, YA HEARD?!

    ReplyDelete