Nov 11, 2010

Deuces, T.Dot! What up, Oz?

deucesTdot

After being somewhat depressed in Toronto over the past year, I've finally made the leap. Bouncin' off to Oz on a Working Holiday Visa has always been a bullet point on my life's list of TO-DOs. So here I am in Melbourne, struggling like a mofo. Contrary to popular belief, the lifestyle isn't anything close to "living the dream." Who could enjoy smelling dirty feet every night at a hole-in-the-wall hostel? Still, I'm loving it. And you know why? Because every day I meet like-minded people from all over the world trying to make it here in Oz too. We're all trying to find jobs, to chase dat paper in order to buy expensive@ss groceries and pay next week's hostel fees. As young people passionate about experiencing the world, we'll hustle their arses just to get 'er doooone. So far, it's fulfilling as hell.

2 comments:

  1. Definitely been posting richer, juicier blogs since you've been there. Glad to see you're living your dream & enriching your own life after making that oh-so-courageous leap girlfriend. I'm loving your posts, I wish you all th very best, and always looking forward to hearing about your foodie adventures. Take care of your amazing self, until next time, peace & love homie <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anh, thanks for being my homegirl for life, and one of the most supportive friends EVER. You already know we'll be keepin' in touch... I HEART YOU!!! Keep doin' yo' thang girl!

    ReplyDelete