Nov 11, 2012

Macaroni Omelette Recipe

I'm warning you now — this recipe is WACK. I can't say the omelette was delicious, but I've decided to share it with you because I believe there's hope for it yet! The idea stemmed from the fact that there was leftover cooked whole wheat macaroni in the fridge that I didn't want to go to waste. Go figure!

Instructions

Whisk 3 eggs, a splash of milk and 1/2 cup grated emmentaler in a bowl. Dice up 1 garlic clove and fry it for a few minutes in a heated pan with 1 tbsp oil. Add about 1 1/2 cups macaroni to the garlic, and immediately afterward, pour the egg mixture evenly into the pan. Season the omelette with salt, pepper and ground nutmeg and put a lid on top of the pan. The omelette should be ready in about 7 minutes. What's important is to keep the heat on low to medium (to avoid burning the bottom).



In all honestly, the texture of the macaroni inside the omelette isn't as horrible as it seems. And I, for one, seriously believe this recipe has the potential for greatness. I bet adding diced red peppers and chunks of chorizo to the recipe would elevate it heaps! Or perhaps some sautéed mushrooms, spinach and feta instead of emmentaler? After eating this slice of cinnamon-y cake at a resto somewhere in small-town Croatia, my outlook towards pasta as an ingredient completely changed. Be open-minded!

3 comments:

  1. Dont put it in the fridge ,its getting dry

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous: Aber schmeckt noch lecker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya!

    ReplyDelete