May 10, 2011

Roald Dahl's Tips on Becoming a Writer



Roald Dahl is one of my childhood inspirations. As soon as I read James & the Giant Peach in Mrs. Jung's grade one class, I was hooked. And anyone who knows me knows that my favourite book of all time is Charlie & the Chocolate Factory. What inspires me most about Roald Dahl is his wildass imagination, his crazy food-y vocabulary (Who else do you know makes up words like scrumdiddlyumptious?) and the fact that he combined food and fiction unlike any writer before him! He deemed himself a Professional Chocolate Guzzler, and I'd be damned if I didn't admit I was one myself.

The photo above captures two pages from Roald Dahl's book, Spotty Powder and other Splendiferous Secrets. Take heed, all future writers! If you possess any or all of the qualities above, then keep on chasin' the dream and just f*$%in' go for it already!!!!

1 comment: